HOW TO BLOSSOM TRUE FRIENDSHIPS
Author: ROSINA S KHAN
You know you have a true friendship when she stays sincere, leads a helping hand and listens to your woes. What key factor keeps true friendships blossoming? In order to learn more, read on.
When you are feeling down, she cheers you up by taking you on a trip to a distant shopping center. While in the center, she encourages you to buy small things for yourself so that you feel good about yourself once again.
She gives you company to the doctor's office. You don't know the exact directions and in a foreign land, it can be tricky. So she shoulders the responsibility to show you the way the first time so that the next time you can go all by yourself.
- She comes to assistance when you are throwing a small party. You have never given a party before. You are unsure of the menus to cook. She helps you with the choices and also the techniques of cooking them.
- She reminds you of the formalities of staying in a foreign country for instance, renewing of visa, if you are overseas.
- She helps you with buying what you need badly from a distant store. For instance, you decide that going to the university and using its lab PC's for your homework is hectic. You would rather like a PC of your own at a very cheap rate. This is where your friend assists you.
- She gives you tips to strengthen your relationship with a guy you have started to become fond of. She takes the extra efforts to help you in writing with your emails to him, so that you can win over his heart.
However one-sided friendship will never work. My foreigner friend helped with all of the above criteria when I stayed overseas in a dorm with her. Of course, I knew I had to return all the favors to keep the friendship blossoming. Here is a list of things I did for her:
- I helped with proofreading her thesis. There were hundreds of mistakes in her document but I helped patiently with all of them.
- I helped her to improve her spoken and written skills in the English language. She always returned to me again and again regarding this as she considered me to be a guru in this respect.
- I helped her with preparation for presentations. For instance, I coached her on how she should keep her composure, use her body language and also talk in a fluent and steady manner to impress upon her supervisors.
- I always gave her company when she needed in going to places.
- I shared chores with her in the dorm we lived together.
- I cheered her up as well in times of her distress.
So, as you can see it is all a matter of give and take and everything is in balance in order for a true and enriching friendship to blossom.
Rosina S Khan wrote this article in order to pinpoint the key factor in blossoming true friendships. You will be delighted to know that she has authored a fiction story, "Glimmering Reflections Into My Special Friends' Lives" in which she describes her special friendships with native girls and in which she also highlights lovely glimpses of their lives. Here is the link:
You are most welcome to grab a free complimentary copy of the eBook from the above link and have an enjoyable and interesting read!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9136278